Monday, August 27, 2012

putting on a face..

i have been getting some questions as to what and if i wear make up.. the answer is that i do.. below are the essentials i use for everyday nyc life..


i actually use to different colors; medium beige and medium tan - i like to mix the colors depending on my tan; in the winter i use more beige and in the summer i use more tan. by far the best brush for this application is the full coverage kabuki brush.








i like this blush because it's very warm; since my skin color is very tanned in the summer and very pale in the winter this blush give  me a good balance. i can apply more or less depending on the look and time of the year. i actually like to use this brush even thou it's not from the same brand.



last but not least i love me some mascara!!! i believe long lashes can make your face brand new. this clinique mascara is very strong and black and i love the look. depending on the day i'll make a small outline at the bottom of my eyes.. that's usually my weekend look.. i like blue because i feel like it brings out my dark browns more..

for an everyday look i apply clear glass or chapstick. {i love my blistex}. i am not a huge fan of wearing eye shadow {but i do wear it sometimes on occasion} or heavy makeup; less is always more and i like to look like myself when i take the makeup off - but i love looking like a better me with the makeup on.

my everyday look


my i think i am fancy look


which one do you guys like more??

p.s. today is my 1st day back to school... which me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try bare minerals, but for now I'm using a MAC mineral foundation which I'm liking too! You have a really simple makeup routine but it's fantastic- it makes you look super natural and totally works for you! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! yes i try to keep it minimal, i already take forever getting dressed..lol.. i am stopping at the mac store this weekend to look at lipsticks, i'll check the MAC mineral foundation doesnt hurt to look!

      Delete